Banking, Financial Services
Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm offers an effective and full-service support to the banking business and other professional activities in the capital markets in the context of increased regulatory requirements, economic volatility and rapid emergence of new financial products. Our considerable experience in the field allows us to be extremely useful to our clients in solving general banking and financial tasks, as well as extraordinary tasks in extremely tight deadlines. The highest quality of services rendered in the field ensures the unconditional trust, enjoyed by Ilyashev & Partners’ lawyers on the part of their clients, which operate in the banking and financial services market.
Ilyashev & Partners provides comprehensive legal counseling and support to banks, insurance companies, investment companies and other financial institutions on all aspects of doing business in the financial services markets, in particular:
- working with clients;
- compliance with the regulatory requirements for activities in financial services markets;
- organization of business in various fields of financial activity;
- corporate management in banks;
- acquisition of financial institutions;
- additional equity raising and debt financing;
- corporate restructuring;
- representation in litigations for recovery of funds and settlement of debts under contracts;
- interaction with financial regulators;
- participation in negotiations between key project participants.
- Legal support to bank in the process of obtaining a stabilization loan of USD 50 mln from the National Bank of Ukraine.
- Representation of Alfa Bank at the AMCU as regards the obtaining of a permit for concentration.
- Legal support in acquisition of a significant share in BTA Bank (Kazakhstan) and Oranta National Joint-Stock Insurance Company (Ukraine).
- Legal support in acquisition by BTA Bank (Kazakhstan) of 50.0072% of shares in BTA Bank (Ukraine) and increase in the share in authorized capital of Ukrainian BTA Bank from 49.99% to 89.99%.
- Legal support for transaction on acquisition of 100% stake in NEOS BANK.
- Conclusion of agreements on restructuring of debts of the foreign bank borrowers in Ukraine for the amount more than USD 200 mln.
- Advising Credit Europe Bank on issues related to mortgage agreements of USD 30 mln.
- Debt recovery under contracts entered into in the Crimea in favor of ProCredit Bank.
- Advising an international investment company on intra-group debt restructuring, gradual structuring of transaction via debt transfer and assignment of claims between the companies in different jurisdictions.
- Preparation of corporate management agreements and shares options of the debtor of Ukrainian bank in accordance with English law within the framework of debt restructuring.
- Advising Ukrainian bank on the application of certain provisions of the Regulation on Determining the Credit Risk by Banks, adopted by the National Bank of Ukraine.
Ratings and Awards
Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm is recommended in Banking, Financial Law and Project Support in Ukraine.
IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate 2018
Ilyashev & Partners’s team is ‘extremely dynamic’. ‘Remarkable lawyer’ Mikhail Ilyashev advised creditors of Oschadbank on restructuring $500m of loan participation notes. Roman Marchenko is ‘clever and practical’ and Oleg Trokhimchuk is ‘seasoned and practical’.
The Legal 500 - EMEA 2017
Mikhail Ilyashev ‘renders high-quality service and digs deep until it gets results’. Oleg Trokhimchuk advised Nadra Bank on a $165m State Mortgage Institution loan. Roman Marchenko has ‘a highly strategic mindset’ and is ‘a bright, committed lawyer’.
The Legal 500 - EMEA 2016
Ivan O. BozhkoAttorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver
Maksimilian A. GrishinLawyer
Vadym A. KizlenkoCounsel, Attorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver
Nina O. BetsLawyer
Ioanna O. ScherbakovaLawyer
Oleksandr V. KamshaAttorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver
Oleg I. TrokhimchukCounsel, Attorney at Law
Oleksii V. KhrystoforovAttorney at Law