Being experienced in working with the largest representatives of the insurance business and having a deep understanding of the industry specifics, we successfully advise our clients, including the largest international insurance companies, on a wide range of insurance law issues, in particular on the conclusion and performance of insurance and reinsurance contracts. The firm’s lawyers provide advice on regulatory and dispute resolution issues related to insurance.
- licensing of insurance activities;
- advising on insurance companies’ compliance with regulatory requirements, including those related to life insurance;
- legal support for M&A transactions in the insurance market;
- dispute resolution between market participants as related to insurance and reinsurance;
- representation of the insurance companies’ clients in proceedings related to the insurance claim settlement.
- Representing a large insurance company in a dispute regarding the insurance claim settlement for losses caused by fire.
- Acting for the Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund (Kazakhstan) in the process of additional issue of shares of Oranta National Joint-Stock Insurance Company (Ukraine).
- Due diligence of PZU Ukraine during IPO of PZU SA (Poland).
- Legal support for acquisition of the insurance company Alfa Insurance by ABH Ukraine Limited.
- Advising AXA France Vie S.A. on the performance of reinsurance activities in Ukraine.
- Representing the insurance company in the court proceedings against the National Commission for the State Regulation of Financial Services Markets in Ukraine regarding the appeal against the Commission’s order to increase the amount of the eligible assets of the insurance company.
- Defending interests of SE Antonov in a dispute against the General Directorate of State Airports Authority of Turkey and its insurers to compensate losses totaling to USD 1 mln.
- Advising AIG Ukraine Insurance Company on issues related to the routine tax inspection.
- Representing clients of the financial company Salve Finance Ukraine, who entered into insurance contracts with the Garant-Life Insurance Company (Ukraine), as regards the withdrawal of license of the Garant-Life and commencement of criminal proceedings against its officials.
- Appealing against the order of the National Commission for the State Regulation of Financial Services Markets in Ukraine on the application of remedial measures against PZU Ukraine.
Mikhail I. IlyashevAttorney at Law, Managing Partner
Vitali A. GalitskihhLawyer, Head of Tallinn Office
Dmitry A. KonstantinovLawyer, Head of Insolvency and Financial Restructuring
Yevgen O. SolovyovPartner, Attorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver
Oleksandr Y. FefelovPartner, Attorney at Law, Head of Antitrust and Competition Practice
Oleksii V. KhrystoforovAttorney at Law