Transport and Infrastructure
In the course of many years Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm has been successfully representing the interests of and advising the clients involved into the sphere of shipping, air, automobile and railroad transportation. The firm’s attorneys possess extensive expertise of rendering legal support services in large-scale infrastructure projects.
In-depth knowledge of the legislation and many years of experience in the sphere of transportation law and the linked spheres make it possible for Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm to implement projects of any complexity both at the national, as well as the international level.
The services of the firm include:
- settlement of disputes in the courts of the national and foreign jurisdiction, as well as in the international courts of arbitration;
- drafting contracts for carriage of freights and transportation of passengers;
- legal assistance in the sale and purchase of vessels and aircrafts;
- drafting the agreements for insurance of vessels, aircrafts and cargo, as well as liability insurance contracts;
- drafting the contracts for technical maintenance and repair of vessels and aircrafts;
- provision of legal assistance in making investments into the transportation sphere;
- providing legal advice as regards to making investments into the hydro-technical shoreline infrastructure;
- provision of consultations regarding the ecological management and the investments into the ecological infrastructure;
- provision of legal advisory services regarding the construction and reconstruction of road traffic routes;
- rendering legal support as for the financing of the infrastructure projects;
- provision of consultations regarding the tax laws and customs clearance of goods.
Among its clients the firm has insurance companies, state and private ship owning companies, charter providers, vessel operators, airlines, motor companies, freight forwarding companies, exporters and importers, brokers, shipping agents, sea and river ports, port operators, ship-building and ship-repairing yards, bunker companies and equipment suppliers, aircraft-building and aircraft-repairing companies, road-building organizations, banks and investment companies.
- Provision of consultations to BTA Bank in the process of realization of the program for the development of a warehouse chain “New silk road” on the construction of 175 000 sq.m. of warehouse facilities in Novosibirsk Region, 85 000 sq.m. in Sverdlovsk Region, and 100 000 sq.m. in Leningrad Region of the Russian Federation.
- Representation of Joint Stock Shipping Company Ukrrichflot in the dispute against Wadan Yards Ocean in the arbitration in Norway regarding the construction of three ships.
- Protection of interests of SE Antonov in the court dispute with the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation for the recovery of the penalty for the violation of the terms under the government contract for the performance of research and development works.
- Protection of interests of SE Antonov in the dispute with the State administration of the State airports of Turkey and its insurers regarding the compensation of losses in connection with Ankara airport’s failure to comply with the international standards of prevention of plane bird strikes.
- Protection of interests of SE Antonov in the court dispute with the Administration of airport of Genoa, JSC Genoa Airport, the Ministry of transport and navigation of Italy, the National Center for Civil Aviation and the National Center for Flight Support in the Appellate court of Genoa (Italy) for the compensation of losses inflicted as a result of bird strike incident on June 19, 1997 which occurred in the Genoa airport, in connection with the failure to comply with the standards of prevention of plane bird strikes.
- Representation of interests of SE Antonov in the arbitration dispute with Libyan Arab Air Cargo at the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry regarding the indebtedness of Libyan Arab Air Cargo for the technical maintenance of An-124 airplane in Kyiv.
- Representation of Arenka Makina Sanayi ve Ticaret Ltd. (Turkey) in the process of ensuring the seizure of a vessel in the commercial seaport of the town of Reni.
- Protection of interests of the ship-owner in eight concurrent arbitration proceedings in the London Maritime Arbitrators' Association (LMAA) regarding the failure to settle the sum of freight.
- Protection of interests of the ship-owner in the Supreme court of Turkey in the case on recovery of the payment for the ship repair and its arrest.
- Representation of interests of a company – ship-owner, in the arbitration court at the Association of Latvian Commercial Banks on recovery of the indebtedness under the Loan Agreement.
- Provision of consultations to Danube ship-owning and stevedoring company LLC (COFCO Agri Ukraine) regarding the settlement of legal relations on the use of piers of Mykolaiv Commercial Sea Port on the basis of a servitude agreement.
- Representation of interests of the corporation Ukrvtorresursy in the Anti-monopoly committee of Ukraine in the process of consideration of the results of the tenders for the purchase of the services on transportation of dangerous wastes in view of the violation of the organization procedure by CE Kyiv Komunservice.
- Legal analysis and finalization of the agreements on the transportation of the freights purchased.
- Provision of legal advice in the process of cooperation with the customs authorities regarding the issues of imposing the seizure onto a vessel due to the failure to comply with the temporary import regime.
- Provision of consultations to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) regarding the matters of launching new payment system, EasyPay, between airlines and the tour agents.
Ratings and acknowledgments
Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm is ranked among top-2 law firms in the sphere of aviation and top-3 companies in the sphere of marine transport operations under the results of the annual independent review - Ukrainian Law Firms 2017. A Handbook for Foreign Clients.
Mikhail I. IlyashevAttorney at Law, Managing Partner
Roman V. MarchenkoAttorney at Law, Senior Partner
Olena L. OmelchenkoAttorney at Law, Head of International Trade Practice
Andrey B. BychkovLawyer
Dmytro I. HrybovAttorney at Law
Oleksii V. KhrystoforovAttorney at Law