Banking & Finance
Many years of successful experience in the field of banking and financial law allow Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm to offer its clients the innovative solutions to extremely intricate legal problems and most effective options for elimination of legal risks during financial transactions. Our deep awareness of modern tendencies in the capital market, as well as understanding of specific expectations of our clients, allow us to develop individual approaches to solving the most sensitive issues in the field. Our lawyers, who enjoy a well-deserved reputation within the legal environment, contribute to the development of banking and financial legal acts.
- full-service legal counseling and support for large-scale financial projects;
- advising leading national and international banks and other financial institutions, other corporate clients and individuals;
- legal support for transactions in capital markets;
- restructuring and refinancing of financial obligations;
- legal support for the sale of toxic assets;
- supporting performance of loan transactions;
- advising on business organization in the field of online payments;
- legal support with regard to issue of securities, transactions with securities and agreements with debt instruments;
- defending interests of Eurobond holders;
- debt recovery;
- resolution of disputes arising in the context of financial relations.
- Resolution of issues related to the defence of interests of the PrivatBank’s Eurobond holders, amounting to more than USD 200 mln, related to its nationalization.
- Advising the committee of creditors of Oschadbank on the restructuring of obligations.
- Acting for the international group of companies IMMER Group – one of the world’s largest manufacturers of flexible packaging materials – in connection with over EUR 30 mln loan from the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Advising Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on issues related to the structuring of relations with the Ukrainian recipients of technical assistance provided by the German Government.
- Advising SE Antonov on the restructuring of debt to the State for the bonds of Aviant Plant (Kyiv).
- Advising a company on the restructuring of loan agreements entered into with EBRD, ING Bank, OTP Bank, OTP Leasing and Ukreximbank.
- Representing Creative Group in arbitration and court disputes in the UK, Germany, Ukraine and Cyprus against an international consortium of banks for loan recovery.
- Advising ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih in litigation against Eurobank (Azerbaijan) for non-compliance with the letter of credit.
- Advising an owner on financing the construction of one of the largest shopping malls in Ukraine in the amount of USD 350 mln.
- Advising an energy company on the restructuring of loan in the Ukrainian state bank totaling to USD 230 mln.
- Advising BTA Bank (Kazakhstan) on the restructuring of credit debts in the amount of USD 200 mln.
- Advising Deutsche Bank in the course of package transactions for repayment of debts of the Ukrainian-Russian borrower for a total amount of more than USD 200 mln.
- Due diligence of a banking mobile payment service for the Ukrainian bank.
- Advising Ukrainian bank on restructuring debt under a loan agreement with the State Mortgage Institution for a total amount of USD 165 mln.
- Preparation of a legal expert report for the EBRD on validity of the loan agreement entered into with the Ukrainian company operating in the alternative energy sector.
- Advising ProCredit Bank on processing and storage of information about banking transactions, including processing of transactions on servers located outside Ukraine.
- Participation in the working group of the World Bank and the National Bank of Ukraine on the elaboration of a Draft Law on Restructuring of Financial Obligations and the Draft Law on Debt Management Activities.
Ratings and Awards
Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm is recommended in Banking, Financial Law and Project Support in Ukraine.
IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate 2018
Ilyashev & Partners’s team is ‘extremely dynamic’. ‘Remarkable lawyer’ Mikhail Ilyashev advised creditors of Oschadbank on restructuring $500m of loan participation notes. Roman Marchenko is ‘clever and practical’ and Oleg Trokhimchuk is ‘seasoned and practical’.
The Legal 500 - EMEA 2017
Mikhail Ilyashev ‘renders high-quality service and digs deep until it gets results’. Oleg Trokhimchuk advised Nadra Bank on a $165m State Mortgage Institution loan. Roman Marchenko has ‘a highly strategic mindset’ and is ‘a bright, committed lawyer’.
The Legal 500 - EMEA 2016
Mikhail I. IlyashevAttorney at Law, Managing Partner
Dmytro V. LazebnyiAttroney at Law
Maksimilian A. GrishinLawyer
Ioanna O. ScherbakovaLawyer
Andriy M. KonoplyaAttorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver
Dmitry A. KonstantinovLawyer, Head of Insolvency and Financial Restructuring
Oleksandr V. KamshaAttorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver
Oleksandr Y. FefelovPartner, Attorney at Law, Head of Antitrust and Competition Practice
Oleksii V. KhrystoforovAttorney at Law