Corporate and M&A
Ilyashev & Partners has extensive experience in corporate law. We provide our clients with legal assistance in a wide range of corporate issues, supporting the projects of different scale and complexity within the countries, where our offices are located, including other jurisdictions across the globe in cooperation with our partners. We offer our clients the combination of specialized legal and industry expertise in agribusiness, transport, energy, construction and real estate sectors, banking and financial sphere, FMCG, pharmaceutical industry, telecommunications and many other areas.
- Incorporation and state registration of companies, selection of an appropriate tax regime.
- Advising the clients on conducting their business in various industries, including licensing procedures.
- Legal support of international investment transactions.
- Elaboration of corporate structures for organization of business, including business with a foreign element. Incorporation and registration of international holding companies.
- Due diligence of companies.
- Drafting of charters, shareholders agreements, internal legal regulations and policies of the company.
- Conducting negotiations in the client’s interests concerning terms of acquisition or sale of business, corporate rights, equities and shares in the companies.
- Structuring transactions, including their performance in foreign jurisdictions, if required.
- Assistance in preparation of general meetings of participants and general meetings of shareholders.
- Advising on issues regarding transfer of control over business entities, including appointment of governing bodies and officials in companies and holdings.
- Obtaining authorizations for concentrations and concerted actions within M&A transactions to be issued by antimonopoly authorities.
- Representation of clients within the privatization procedures.
- Advising on the issue and placement of securities, increase and decrease of charter capital, performance of other corporate transactions of the issuer.
- Legal support of the issue of securities at all stages.
- Support of the disclosure of regular and specific issuer’s information at the stock market.
- Support of IPO (initial public offering) at the stock exchanges.
- Representation of clients’ interests in corporate disputes.
- Protection against hostile takeovers.
- Advising on disclosure of information on beneficial owners.
- Liquidation of companies, representative offices of non-resident legal entities.
- Legal support of restructuring of assets owned by an international investment and industrial group in the amount of USD 24.9 bln.
- Advising LetterOne Group on potential acquisition of shares of Cukurova Telecom Holdings Limited (Turkey) for USD 2.8 bln.
- Legal support of acquisition by PZU SA (Poland) of shares of Alior Bank (Poland) in the amount of USD 450.1 mln.
- Legal support of the transaction on purchase of 100% of shares of IDS Borjomi on the side of the buyer.
- Representation of interests of BTA Bank (Kazakhstan) in the course of transfer of corporate rights of legal entities in the Russian Federation, Cyprus and the Netherlands possessing the assets of a sea port (located in the Russian Federation) for the benefit of the person nominated by the bank.
- Legal support of the agreement on acquisition of 100% of shares of NEOS BANK on the side of the buyer.
- Legal support in the course of acquisition by a foreign agribusiness holding company of a grain elevator in Kyiv region under the share deal (purchase of corporate rights).
- Legal support of corporate restructuring and reorganization of companies – members of Danone Ukraine, including merger of Unimilk with Danone Dnipro.
- Advising Algol Ukraine on the increase of its charter capital, as well as on the currency restrictions applied to the cooperation of Algol Ukraine with the non-resident parent company.
- Advising the group of companies Askania regarding the acquisition of Kvas Beverages LLC – a part of the group of companies Coca-Cola Hellenic Ukraine.
- Due diligence of the research and production company Kievproekt.
Ratings and Awards
Tier 1 in Corporate and M&A in Ukraine
The Legal 500 – EMEA, 2017 – 2018
Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko are included in the Hall of Fame as leading lawyers in Corporate and M&A
The Legal 500 Hall of Fame
Recommended firm in M&A in Ukraine
IFLR1000, 2011 – 2019
Recommended firm in Corporate in Estonia
Mikhail Ilyashev recommended in Corporate
Best Lawyers International, 2009 – 2019
Roman Marchenko recommended in Corporate/ Compliance and listed in Top-100 Best Lawyers of Ukraine
Client’s Choice: TOP-100 Best Lawyers of Ukraine
Oleksandr Fefelov recommended in M&A
Best Lawyers International 2019
Lesia Samarina recommended in Corporate
Best Lawyers International 2019
Law Firm of the Year in Corporate
Legal Awards 2014
Mikhail I. IlyashevAttorney at Law, Managing Partner
Roman V. MarchenkoAttorney at Law, Senior Partner
Oleksandr B. PadalkaCounsel, Attorney at Law
Peter O. KuptsovLawyer
Sergiy I. KlyestovLawyer
Ioanna O. ScherbakovaLawyer
Andriy B. LytvynAttorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver, Head of Kharkiv Office
Ruslan R. MannapovLawyer
Lesia V. SamarinaAttorney at Law, Head of Dnipro Office
Yevgen O. SolovyovPartner, Attorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver
Vyacheslav О. SytyiAttorney at Law
Oleksandr Y. FefelovPartner, Attorney at Law, Head of Antitrust and Competition Practice